As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What sets us apart?
Beyond our mission to transform education, we focus on our employees being themselves so they can focus on work. We have a casual dress code, flexible hours, stocked snacks, as well as monthly happy hours and social events. Additionally, the problems we solve are complex, so we have a strong commitment to ensure employees never stop learning, including investments in professional development and other learning opportunities.
Your Role: Sr. Product Designer
● Deeply understand our users and the value our product brings to them
● Work closely with a product manager and engineering lead to explore and
define new and improved product concepts and functionality
● Build lots of rapid prototypes and test them with users
● Build high fidelity prototypes for your engineering peers to use as they bring
the solution to life
● Work with engineers during the implementation process to answer questions
and clarify how the user experience should work
● Work with your peers to ensure consistency and quality of design across the
● 5 to 7 years of experience designing software products (and a portfolio
demonstrating your best work)
● Extensive user research and usability testing experience with evidence of
how your research improved the products you worked on
● A tidy and professional design aesthetic and experience working with peers
to implement that aesthetic
● Proficiency with design tools like Sketch and InVision
● Strong web design skills, including accessibility (WCAG 2.0) and responsive
best practices across multiple devices and browsers
● Great communication skills and eagerness to use them everyday as you
collaborate with your team and talk to lots of users
Extra credit for:
● Experience in the education domain (especially with higher ed instructors)
● Data visualization skill
● Technical proficiency with HTML and CSS