At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
We are A-players who bring our unique talent and POV to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, everything we do, we do for the learner.
Who are we? Learning Objects, a division of Cengage, is a new kind of learning innovation partner with deep higher education and learning science expertise. We design and build innovative education programs, courses, and learning experiences. We collaborate with institutions and other education providers to deliver competency-based, personalized learning at scale. What sets us apart? Beyond our mission to transform education, we focus on our employees being themselves so they can focus on work. We have a casual dress code, flexible hours, stocked snacks, as well as monthly happy hours and social events. Additionally, the problems we solve are complex, so we have a strong commitment to ensure employees never stop learning, including investments in professional development and other learning opportunities.
Your Team: QA Team
We’re creating the world’s best higher education learning environment to power the best brands in education. The QA team is responsible for testing our Learning Objects platform, learning everything there is to know about our products, a little bit of third level support, and regularly asking “what if? and “why?” Our testers care just a little too much about getting it right for our users. Our team is growing and working together to redefine how we do testing here at Learning Objects. One of the things that’s great about this team is that we don’t have it all figured out (yet), but we are building a team of great testing minds who are working together with developers to change the way people learn.
What will you do?
● Writes test plans and test strategies in collaboration with product and development teams.
● Creates, executes, and maintains manual and automated test cases throughout the development cycle.
● Contributes to the quality of requirements by participating in and challenging requirements during the feature grooming process.
● Enters, manages and close software defects in the issue tracking system.
● Help with process improvements.
● Troubleshoots issues as part of our testing and customer support processes.
What do we need from you?
● You have 3 or more years of experience with both manual and automated testing in an agile environment.
● You possess and can leverage an intermediate understanding of QA principles, techniques, and technology.
● You have a passion for QA and are able to perform assigned tasks on time and with high quality.
● You have solid Java coding skills.
● You have experience developing and maintaining tests using Selenium or similar technology.
● You have excellent problem solving skills.
● You have great technical troubleshooting skills.
● You are a team player.
Extra credit for:
● Enthusiasm for education technology.
● Experience using Selenide, JMeter, Jenkins, BrowserStack Automate, WebdriverIO.