Who are we?
Learning Objects , a division of Cengage Learning , is a new kind of learning innovation partner with deep higher education
and learning science expertise. We design and build innovative education programs, courses, and learning experiences.
We collaborate with institutions and other education providers to deliver competency-based, personalized learning at
What sets us apart?
Beyond our mission to transform education, we focus on our employees being themselves so they can focus on work. We
have a casual dress code, flexible hours, stocked snacks, as well as monthly happy hours and social events. Additionally,
the problems we solve are complex, so we have a strong commitment to ensure employees never stop learning, including
investments in professional development and other learning opportunities.
Your Role: Product Designer
You’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers, and QA engineers to design solutions that optimize for impact, user
experience, and efficiency. You’ll be responsible for engaging members of the team in the design process and building a
strong design culture.
Understanding the capabilities and constraints of modern web development will be essential as you work with your peers
to negotiate and help implement the best solutions.
What do we need from you?
● You have 1 - 3 years of UI design and development experience in a professional environment
● You are proficient with design tools like Sketch and InVision
● You have strong HTML and CSS technical skill, including responsive best practices
● You have great communication skills and can talk the talk with both business and technical people
● You have a basic understanding of modern JS frameworks (e.g., AngularJS, React)
● Extra credit for:
○ You’ve built a web app using React
○ You’ve styled a web app using Bootstrap
○ You know Git or another distributed version control system
○ You’ve used a CSS extension language (e.g., Sass or LESS)
○ You’ve built real-world data visualizations using a charting library (e.g. D3.js, Highcharts, Plotly.js)
○ You have experience in the education domain